Senior Director, Software Quality AssuranceConcord, MA
aPriori provides discrete manufacturers and product innovation companies with the most technologically advanced and comprehensive product cost management software and service solutions available on the market today. We are looking for a Director of Software Quality Assurance, with a domain background in Mechanical or Manufacturing engineering, to provide both strategic and tactical leadership, direction and oversight to a globally dispersed Software QA organization. This is a senior leadership position reporting to the VP of Engineering. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of continually exceeding expectations on delivering software on time and at a high level of quality.
This role offers a unique leadership opportunity for a QA professional with a background in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering to grow and lead a Software QA organization. The Director will not only ensure that proper software QA and automation methodologies are applied, but that the software operates with key design, manufacturing and sourcing principles.
• Direct all Software QA and Delivery activities at aPriori.
• Lead and manage the delivery process using Agile/Scrum based methodologies.
• Work closely with the QA Group and Product Development teams to establish proper QA process, standards and procedures to ensure a high-level of product quality.
• Apply Mechanical & Manufacturing domain knowledge in developing QA testing practices.
• Use data and metrics to track release progress and readiness and to influence continuous improvement.
• Manage the Triage & Change Control process.
• Drive Test automation and Test-Driven Development and continually improve automation and test coverage.
• Train, coach and develop all QA staff.
• Engage with Customers & Professional Services to understand quality issues in the field and incorporate into the QA process.
• Work closely with Support on Escalations and other customer issues arising in the field.
• 10+ years’ experience managing and growing Software QA Teams across geographically dispersed locations.
• 5+ years’ experience testing Cloud environments
• 15+ years’ experience working in a Software Development environment.
• Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA/Test Methodologies.
• Experience, especially in a design and/or manufacturing environment, preferably with the usage of CAD or PLM.
• Experience managing Agile/Scrum in a matrix-based organization structure.
• Familiar with modern testing methodologies and techniques.
• Ability to balance structure, process, risk management and time-to-market factors.
• Ability to build relationships and work across the organization to impact quality.
• Proven record of strong communication, problem solving & organization skills.
• BS/MS degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent.
• Knowledge with testing methodologies for both On-Premise and Cloud (especially AWS) applications.
• Familiarity with web vulnerability and security testing.
• Familiarity with DevOps methodologies and tools especially related to AWS.
• Knowledge working with commercial or open source automation tools and frameworks.
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, TestRail.