Applications EngineerDallas, Texas
aPriori is searching for an Application Engineer that will be responsible for working with potential customers across various discrete manufacturing industries with a focus on Aerospace. Primary responsibilities include developing and presenting aPriori software solutions with an emphasis on articulating the business value to get customer buy-in to deploy our solutions.
• Customize demonstrations / presentations to address prospective client’s business needs
• Work closely with aPriori sales team to manage technical details associated with establishing aPriori as a preferred solution with prospects
• Lead consultative solution selling sessions with prospects and customers in the RFP, discovery, demonstration, and follow-up phases
• Provide live demonstrations of the aPriori solutions
• Articulate aPriori value and capabilities to senior VP, C-level customer audience (vision setting) as well as user-level audience (technical validation)
• Establish trusted solution advisor role and relationships with the key decision makers to facilitate a successful sales outcome
• Provide feedback from field experiences to aPriori product management teams to improve future releases of aPriori solutions
• Work with aPriori professional services team to develop customer proposals, SOW etc. and smoothly transition client from pre-sales phase to post-sales solutions deployment
• Domestic travel required
BUSINESS SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 5-10 years deep domain expertise in Manufacturing processes – Machining, Casting, Sheet Metal Forming, Composites, Airframe Assembly, etc.
• Aerospace Industry experience at OEM level or within the supply chain
• Experience and success in selling high value, long lead time enterprise software solutions (PLM, ERP, CAD, SCM, etc.)
• Hands-on knowledge of at least one commercially available CAD package – SolidWorks, ProEngineer, CATIA, Creo, NX, etc.
• Familiarity of aPriori products and configuration highly desirable
• Knowledge of typical cost management business pain points of manufacturers; familiarity of cost management best-practices in New Product Introduction, Quoting, Sourcing, VA/VE a plus
• Experience in creating business cases and ROI models to justify investment in enterprise software
• Understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities, integration technology, and databases
• Familiarity with scripting languages such as Perl or Python with ability to write\modify existing code
• High level understanding of enterprise software architecture and integration with typical systems such as ERP, PLM, SCM, CAD, etc.
•Strong presentation and communication skills
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Manufacturing Engineering preferred