APAC Technical Sales ConsultantConcord, MA, Japan, China
The APAC Technical Consultant position is a multi-faceted role helping to drive the growth of aPriori in the APAC region. The Candidate will be working closely with aPriori regional partners as well as working directly with prospects and customers. This unique position encompasses a broad spectrum of job roles that include the responsibilities of a pre-sales engineer, post-sales engineer, services engineer, marketer, and technical sales representative. Considerable travel to China, Japan and throughout the APAC region is involved – Candidate must be willing to travel to and within APAC for 2 weeks at a time which would include weekends. The challenging mix of responsibilities and geographies is what makes this position so exciting!
The Candidate will represent the company in unique situations and at all levels of management and therefore will need to adapt to different situations and be respectful of different cultures and business practices. The Candidate needs to be customer focused and sales driven, thinking strategically, proactively, and efficiently. As the territory is expansive many customer and prospect visits will wrap multiple sales phases into a single meeting. The Candidate will work closely with the aPriori field and home team on customer issues and opportunities. He or she must work proactively and be a self-motivated problem solver as the Candidate will often be working independently in the field.
The Candidate will be a technical representative for aPriori in the APAC region
- The Candidate will:
- Help to develop regional programs for aPriori.
- Lead generation programs (i.e. have the time to investigate and initiate country specific programs such as seminars and tactically put them together)
- New opportunity strategy – account specific requirements and issues
- Continually assess and consider current opportunities and what may technically help to move the process forward
- Present and demonstrate aPriori products to prospects, customers and partners. Work with partners to develop country specific demos or storylines
- Support local events and tradeshows
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate regional customer technical requirements, issues and opportunities with engineering, management and work with peers to discover solutions.
- Distinguish and report regional requirements and nuances
- Support and promote regional customer enhancement requests
- Work with partners and on prospect benchmarks, workshops and demonstrations
- Proactively seek advice and examples for helping to close opportunities
- Work other aPriori sales/services members on global account situations
- Understand, separate and support the different needs of the APAC partners.
- Coordinate and deliver 1st level services with partners to end-user customers. This aspect of the position requires coordinating with multiple groups within aPriori services
- This may entail on-site delivery not limited to VPE tuning
- Work as part of the APAC sales effort conveying the values and benefits of aPriori to the partners and end-user customers
- Help to develop regional programs for aPriori.
TECHNICAL SALES, SUPPORT & SERVICES DETAILS
Prepare and help drive technical aspects of sales calls to the existing accounts and new prospects in some cases directly
- Follow-up personally on all prospects and customer visits, verbal and written
- Proactively and regularly contact partners about prospect situations
- Build a relationship with key partner engineers
- Convene regular phone/web meetings as necessary to provide:
- Product and technical strategy updates
- Review customer issues
- Consult on direction and strategy for new sales opportunities
- Communicate anecdotal account situations or strategies that won (benchmarks, workshops etc.)
- Deliver train-the-trainer-training and product updates to the partners
- Develop region specific training
- Provide training for demos and product positioning
- Educate on and provide competitive overviews
- Services component entails working with partners & customers on aPriori services delivery.
- This involves coordinating with aPriori’s services organization and in many cases being the on-site resource for services.
- Drive partner development of customer evaluation/opportunity scoping skills
- Regularly provide partners with new demos, videos, documents etc., required for supporting aPriori product and services. Become the primary conduit with the partners
- Participate in key sales calls with the partners
- Work as a technical project manager on tasks not limited to workshop preparation and delivery, solution configuration, user training, and partner mentoring.
- Support aPriori solution configuration – assists and train partners on the modeling of manufacturing facilities,
- Develop expertise on aPriori software/service offerings including VPE configuration and tuning
- Coordinate all technical issues and deliverables between partners/customer and aPriori services, support and engineering
- BS or MS in an Engineering Discipline preferably Mechanical
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Japanese & Mandarin language proficiency a plus
- Ability to work odd hours and be accessible to partners
- Responsible and conscientious – Follow-up in evenings and mornings catching US or AP
- Self-sufficient and independent starter – Prioritize time and tasks
- Enjoys travel! – Flexibility as travel and meeting schedules often change, agendas change often during the meetings with the account.
- Familiar with manufacturing processes in the Aerospace and/or Automotive Industries
- Familiar with MCAD, CAE, and PLM solutions
- Familiar with Design to Cost, Design to Manufacturing, CAE
- Previous experience supporting the Asia Pacific region