Technical WriterConcord, MA
aPriori currently seeks a senior-level Technical Writer/Software Documentation Specialist to develop, edit, maintain and publish the functional and technical documentation for aPriori’s suite of manufacturing and cost estimating software products. This position involves working closely with the software engineering, product management, quality assurance and training departments within an Agile product development process. The position requires the experience and flexibility to work with a variety of content authoring and Help generation tools and collaborate with other technical documentation specialists. The ideal candidate also will have the ability to evaluate and recommend future documentation and tools directions for our next-generation cloud-based solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Individually develop and update various forms of technical documentation including User Guides, System Management and Administration Guides, Release Notes, System Requirements specifications, Installation Guides, Tutorials, and context-sensitive Help content.
• Ensure documentation adheres to format, content and style guidelines. Update and extend guidelines as appropriate for new content, products, and platforms.
• Produce content in various formats including desktop publishing (Word, PDF) and online help (HTML).
• Work collaboratively with team members to understand and design documentation requirements, goals, priorities and schedules. Work independently to organize work and meet deadlines.
• Research and evaluate new documentation tools, media, and methods as needed.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or related field, and 10 + years of work experience with an emphasis on technical documentation.
• Experience in the development of CAD/CAE related technical documentation (e.g. Creo, CATIA, NX, SolidWorks, Mentor Graphics, Finite Element Analysis, etc.) is a plus.
• Proven ability to write clear, concise and comprehensive documentation on complex, multi-level technical issues.
• Ability to grasp complex software, learn quickly and work within tight deadlines.
• Ability to use various forms of source material including functional specifications, demo recordings, and verbal discussion to develop documentation.
• Willingness to install new builds of our applications in order to access, review and document new capabilities under development.
• Expertise in using Microsoft Office and Adobe Technical Communications Suite content authoring tools (RoboHelp, FrameMaker, Acrobat), and Help Generation tools (e.g. Quadralay Webworks ePublisher, Madcap Flare).
• Basic familiarity with screen capture and graphics modification software (e.g., PhotoShop, Jasc Paint Shop Pro, Paint).
• Experience/ability to evaluate a large repository of legacy documentation and propose a cost-effective strategy for converting and repurposing them to provide a platform-independent, single-source of content for our next generation of products. Experience migrating from proprietary flat-file documentation repositories to a platform-independent CMS (content management system) is highly desirable.
Sample work will be requested.apply now