Senior Technical ConsultantConcord, MA
aPriori is changing the way the world’s manufacturing companies manage product costs. Our solutions integrate advanced computational geometry techniques and advanced manufacturing research into a rich user experience accessible to everyone in the enterprise that impacts how much a product will cost to produce.
We bring together an experienced management team, exciting technology and a challenging entrepreneurial culture. We are a young startup in an emerging market with huge opportunity for stellar candidates. We are in need of bright, independent thinkers who can learn and contribute across a wide variety of areas.
We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Consultant to be a part of our world class team.
A Senior Technical Consultant is a key member in the implementation of the aPriori cost management platform. They provide consultative expertise on how to align aPriori’s software and service offerings to a customer’s cost management needs. The Technical Consultant is responsible for working with customers to define, plan, and manage the customer’s technical deployment. This includes the creation of a deployment plan and the actual technical project management and execution, including solution configuration, user training, and usage mentoring. Technical Consultants are also responsible for directing less senior members of the team in execution of deliverables, while still being accountable for the overall deployment.
aPriori solution configuration requires the modeling of manufacturing facilities, including capabilities, rules, and accounting rates. Solution configuration requires the ability to understand a customer’s design and manufacturing environment and map those requirements to formulas and rules using aPriori’s scripting language.
Implementations are typically short-term engagements lasting 8-12 weeks and require a combination of working at the customer facility and at aPriori’s office. Up to 40% travel may be required with some limited international travel. Additionally, Senior Technical Consultants may help during the sales process in the delivery of aPriori strategic value assessments (aSVA’s) and Spend Analyses (aSA’s), which allow prospects to confirm the financial and strategic value that aPriori can bring them prior to engaging in a full solution rollout.
• Develop and manage customer deployment plan, including timeline, scope, and deliverables to drive customer satisfaction and reference-ability
• Drive aPriori integration requirements with customers’ other business systems and processes
• Build and demonstrate expertise on aPriori software and service offerings and how they align to customer needs
• Build and demonstrate expertise on the Manufacturing Cost Models
• Build and demonstrate expertise on Solution (VPE) Configuration (tools, procedures, tips/tricks)
• Lead factory data gathering sessions in-person and via phone
• Train and mentor customer end users on aPriori use
• Train customer VPE administrators on the maintenance of VPEs and the use of the Cost Model Workbench
• Develop maintenance plans with customers to ensure VPEs are kept up-to-date
• Advocate for additional requirements that are necessary or helpful for customers to successfully gain value from aPriori, and work with Product Management to influence future releases.
• Provide support to users during initial use of the solution and help measure benefits and confirm ROI.
• 4-8 years experience in an engineering discipline (either permanent or combined with internship)
• Domain experience in the automotive industry, industrial equipment or agricultural and construction would be a significant added bonus
• Experience in cost modeling
• Excellent consultative communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to client groups including executive-level participants.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
• Ability to manage deliverables of less senior and/or offshore resources for a project.
• Must be a critical thinker, results-driven, have a positive attitude, and be a team player.
• BS or MS in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, or Software Engineering.
• The ideal candidate would thrive in an environment where they have the opportunity to join a company on the ground floor and be part of the core team to drive success with early customers and refine our implementation approach and tools.
• Experience with a basic scripting language.
• Experience with CAD.
aPriori offers a challenging and fun work environment, competitive salaries, medical plans and stock options. If you’re interested in applying for this or other positions, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
aPriori is an equal-opportunity employerapply now