Reports Development EngineerBelfast, Northern Ireland
The Reports Development Engineer plays an integral role in the deployment of the aPriori cost management platform for our customers. The aPriori platform produces ‘Should Costs’ for virtual components created from both 3D and 2D Cad models, within the aPriori applications. Several reporting applications exist to export the data from inside aPriori, ensuring the data created can be made available for managers and executives with the wider company. The position allows for the unique opportunity to work closely with customers to understand their data workflow, and provide information to explore their cost challenges, both internal and from suppliers, resulting in a broad exposure to how a wide range of products are designed and manufactured. To accomplish the delivery of costing data produced by the aPriori applications, the Reports Development Engineer should be able to have the following:
- Worked in an engineering environment with an engineering background.
- Have experience of large industries – such as Automotive, Aerospace, Oil and Gas or other ‘traditional industries’ as well as an understanding of ‘ne’ high tech industries
- Have experience of Lean Manufacturing methodology, or other cost saving initiatives
- Ability to produce customer facing, formatted excel reports from a list of Raw data, using Excel tools and as well as complimentary tools such as Visual Basic.
- Ability to use Business information tools, to build reports from databases of information.
- Be familiar with reporting technology, and how modern businesses mine data from their company business systems and presenting the information to a mixed business audience, from Executives through to Engineers
- Ability to Implement reporting requirements by defining and analyzing information needs/problems then designing and implementing solutions.
- Ability to define application problem/solution by conferring with clients, evaluating procedures and processes.
- Develop solutions by preparing and evaluating alternative workflows that are centered around reporting and integration with customer systems via BI tools.
- Ability to Validate results by testing programs, and providing reference material by producing documentation
- Provide Client training and support
- Ability to develop dashboards and other visual methods of presenting data using Reporting tools including and similar to those referenced above.
- Meet onsite with aPriori customers to provide technical expertise on how to align aPriori’s software and service offerings to a customer’s cost management reporting requirements.
- Provides support to Sales team during sales process in the delivery of aPriori service programs which allow prospects to confirm the financial and strategic value that aPriori can bring them prior to engaging in a full solution rollout with understanding how and in what format a customer needs reporting data that aPriori can provide
- Provide consultancy around the usage and delivery of reports within an engineering company to provide executives and other decision makers with relevant and timely costing information
- Ability to create testing programs for created reports, both internally and on Customer Sites
- Able and willing for occasional travel to customer site. (majority of travel Monday – Friday)
Education and Skill Requirements:
- An Ideal background would be a working as a Business Intelligence Analyst in a manufacturing company
- BS or MS in Software Engineering: (Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing considered)
- 1-3 years’ experience in an engineering discipline (either full time or combined with internship)
- Database DBA skills and advantage:
- Database modeling (for example dimensional db model) and experience working with IT departments to implement BI tool integrations
- BI Tool Knowledge (Microsoft Power BI, Business Objects, Tableau, Qlik Tech, or similar tools)
- Microsoft Visual basic Skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Understanding of XML
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills. Must be comfortable presenting to clients in-person and by Video conference and phone.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to balance multiple activities with limited supervision.
- Project management skills, including project planning, risk management, status updates.
- Proven critical thinker and team player who is results-driven and has a positive attitude