Application EngineerRemote US
aPriori is searching for an Application Engineer that will be responsible for working with potential customers across various discrete manufacturing industries. Primary responsibilities include developing and presenting aPriori software solutions with an emphasis on articulating the business value to get customer buy-in to deploy our solutions.
• Customize demonstrations / presentations to address prospective client’s business needs
• Work closely with aPriori sales team to manage technical details associated with establishing aPriori as preferred solution with prospects
• Lead consultative solution selling sessions with prospects and customers in the RFP, discovery, demonstration, and follow-up phases
• Provide live demonstrations of the aPriori solutions
• Articulate aPriori value and capabilities to senior VP, C-level customer audience (vision setting) as well as user-level audience (technical validation)
• Establish trusted solution advisor role and relationships with the key decision makers to facilitate a successful sales outcome
• Provide feedback from field experiences to aPriori product management teams to improve future releases of aPriori solutions
• Work with aPriori professional services team to develop customer proposals, SOW etc. and smoothly transition client from pre-sales phase to post-sales solutions deployment
• Domestic travel is required
BUSINESS SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 3-5 years deep domain expertise in Manufacturing processes – Machining, Casting, Sheet Metal, Plastics, etc.
• Industry experience in Aerospace, Automotive, Industrial Machinery (construction, agricultural equipment) preferred
• Experience and success in selling high value, long lead time enterprise software solutions (PLM, ERP, CAD, SCM, etc.)
• Hands-on knowledge of at least one commercially available CAD package – SolidWorks, ProEngineer, CATIA, Creo, NX, etc.
• Familiarity of aPriori products and configuration highly desirable
• Knowledge of typical cost management business pain points of manufacturers; familiarity of cost management best-practices in New Product Introduction, Sourcing, VA/VE a plus
• Experience in creating business cases and ROI models to justify investment in enterprise software
• Understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities, integration technology, and databases
• Familiarity with scripting languages such as Perl or Python with ability to write\modify existing code
• High level understanding of enterprise software architecture and integration with typical systems such as ERP, PLM, SCM, CAD, etc.
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Automotive or Manufacturing engineering preferred