Careers at aPriori
aPriori is changing the way the world's manufacturing companies manage product costs. Our solutions integrate advanced computational geometry techniques and advanced manufacturing research into a rich user experience accessible to everyone in the enterprise that impacts how much a product will cost to produce.
We bring together an experienced management team, exciting technology and a challenging entrepreneurial culture. We are a young startup in an emerging market with huge opportunity for stellar candidates. We are in need of bright, independent thinkers who can learn and contribute across a wide variety of areas.
We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team. aPriori offers a challenging and fun work environment, competitive salaries, medical plans and stock options. If you are ready for an exciting opportunity to be a part of a world class team, then forward your resume to email@example.com.
aPriori is an equal-opportunity employer.
Senior Technical Consultant - Germany
Location: Recruiting for Multiple Locations in NA & EMEA
- Responsible for selling aPriori’s software products and maintaining relationships with existing accounts
- Responsible for achieving assigned sales goals for customers in a defined geographic territory or account list
- Prospects and develops new business and develops proposals for presentation to prospective customers.
- Coordinates resources from marketing, professional services, engineering and product management to facilitate obtaining new business
Required Skills and Experience:
- College Degree
- Expertise in software sales with at least 5+ years experience
- Strong track record in sales at other organizations
- Demonstrates high potential and track record of upward mobility
- Strong team player with stellar communication skills and sales drive
Location: Concord, MA
We are currently launching a new business intelligence tool which requires significant technology delivery. To facilitate this we are seeking a strong Business Intelligence developer with the capability to apply technical knowledge and consulting experience to support our clients as they take up this offering. If you are looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment this could be the role for you. As part of our team, you'll be working with our business leading software and tools. You will have the opportunity to influence our approach to delivering our business intelligence tool, deepen your existing experience and build specialist skills on the job. We're looking for a Business Intelligence developer, who will be expected to take an architecture / delivery role involving the analysis of business requirements through to implementation. The Technical Consultant role will involve leading teams and performing some or all of the following:
- Meeting with clients to determine requirements;
- Working with clients to define the scope of a project;
- Provide input into planning timescales and the resources needed;
- Clarifying a client's system specifications, understanding their work practices and the nature of their business;
- Validate software, hardware and network requirements;
- Developing agreed solutions and implementing new systems;
- Presenting solutions in written or oral reports;
- Provide input to clients around change-management activities;
- Designing and document Business Intelligence technical and operational solutions
- Data modelling and data architecture design / implementation
- ETL, data integration and data conversion design / implementation
- Defining and implementing metadata management structures and processes
- End-user report development, from requirement gathering to design, build, test, deploy
- Preparing documentation and providing progress reports to project management;
- Organising training for users and other consultants
- Participating as an active member of a small team on projects ranging from 3-6 months
- Working alongside our clients to discover and prioritize requirements
- As a gifted professional, participating in the community at large to support our business development efforts – this might mean supporting solution demonstrations and client engagement efforts.
- Working on internal thought leadership efforts by contributing to prototype or R&D efforts that will increase our value as an organization
- Bachelors or Masters degree from a strong computer science or engineering program
- 5 years of experience managing solutions around data integration, BI deployment and data warehousing
- Solid knowledge of current trends in data warehouse and business analytics technologies
- Willingness to travel up to 50 percent of the time
- Superior level of knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI)/data warehousing technologies: RDBMS, SQL and OLAP with a portfolio of projects that might include Jaspersoft, Cognos, OBIEE, and Business Objects tools
- Experience of working with Java / C++ and have experience of API’s for integration
- Worked in a consulting firm where your team is focused on client satisfaction and outstanding deliverables
Senior Technical Consultant
A Senior Technical Consultant is a key member in the implementation of the aPriori cost management platform. They provide consultative expertise on how to align aPriori’s software and service offerings to a customer’s cost management needs. The Technical Consultant is responsible for working with customers to define, plan, and manage the customer’s technical deployment. This includes the creation of a deployment plan and the actual technical project management and execution, including solution configuration, user training, and usage mentoring. Technical Consultants are also responsible for directing less senior members of the team in execution of deliverables, while still being accountable for the overall deployment.
aPriori solution configuration requires the modeling of manufacturing facilities, including capabilities, rules, and accounting rates. Solution configuration requires the ability to understand a customer’s design and manufacturing environment and map those requirements to formulas and rules using aPriori’s scripting language.
Implementations are typically short-term engagements lasting 8-12 weeks and require a combination of working at the customer facility and at aPriori’s office. Up to 40% travel may be required with some limited international travel. Additionally, Senior Technical Consultants may help during the sales process in the delivery of aPriori strategic value assessments (aSVA’s) and Spend Analyses (aSA’s), which allow prospects to confirm the financial and strategic value that aPriori can bring them prior to engaging in a full solution rollout.
- Develop and manage customer deployment plan, including timeline, scope, and deliverables to drive customer satisfaction and reference-ability
- Drive aPriori integration requirements with customers’ other business systems and processes
- Build and demonstrate expertise on aPriori software and service offerings and how they align to customer needs
- Build and demonstrate expertise on the Manufacturing Cost Models
- Build and demonstrate expertise on Solution (VPE) Configuration (tools, procedures, tips/tricks)
- Lead factory data gathering sessions in-person and via phone
- Train and mentor customer end users on aPriori use
- Train customer VPE administrators on the maintenance of VPEs and the use of the Cost Model Workbench
- Develop maintenance plans with customers to ensure VPEs are kept up-to-date
- Advocate for additional requirements that are necessary or helpful for customers to successfully gain value from aPriori, and work with Product Management to influence future releases.
- Provide support to users during initial use of the solution and help measure benefits and confirm ROI.
- 4-8 years experience in an engineering discipline (either permanent or combined with internship)
- Domain experience in the automotive industry, industrial equipment or agricultural and construction would be a significant added bonus
- Experience in cost modelling
- Excellent consultative communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to client groups including executive-level participants.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to manage deliverables of less senior and/or offshore resources for a project.
- Must be a critical thinker, results-driven, have a positive attitude, and be a team player.
- BS or MS in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, or Software Engineering.
- The ideal candidate would thrive in an environment where they have the opportunity to join a company on the ground floor and be part of the core team to drive success with early customers and refine our implementation approach and tools.
- Experience with a basic scripting language.
- Experience with CAD.
Location: Concord, MA, USA
The Implementation Engineer plays an integral role in the implementation of the aPriori cost management platform for our customers through technical project management and execution. The position allows for the unique opportunity to work closely with customers and explore their cost challenges, resulting in a broad exposure to how a wide range of products are designed and manufactured. To accomplish the technical implementation of the aPriori platform, the implementation engineer:
Handles the project management and execution of the technical side of the project, including solution configuration, user training, and usage mentoring.
Supports aPriori solution configuration, which requires the modeling of manufacturing facilities, including capabilities, rules, and accounting rates as well as the ability to understand a customer’s design and manufacturing environment and map those requirements to formulas and rules using aPriori’s scripting language.
Builds and demonstrates expertise on aPriori software and service offerings, Manufacturing
Cost Models and Solutions Configuration.Meets onsite with aPriori customers to provide technical expertise on how to align aPriori’s software and service offerings to a customer’s cost management.
Provides support to Sales team during sales process in the delivery of aPriori service programs which allow prospects to confirm the financial and strategic value that aPriori can bring them prior to engaging in a full solution rollout.
Able and willing to travel 25-40% (majority domestic travel Monday – Friday)
Education & Skill Requirements
BS or MS in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, or Software Engineering.
1-3 years experience in an engineering discipline (either full time or combined with internship)
Excellent communication and facilitation skills. Must be comfortable presenting to clients in-person and by phone.
Strong organization skills and the ability to balance multiple activities with limited supervision.
Project management skills, including project planning, risk management, status updates.
Understanding of design and manufacturing challenges when developing a product.
Proven critical thinker and team player who is results-driven and has a positive attitude
Experience with a basic scripting language and CAD a plus
aPriori offers a challenging and fun work environment, competitive salaries, medical plans and stock options. If you’re interested in applying for this or other positions, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
aPriori is an equal-opportunity employer