Careers at aPriori
aPriori is changing the way the world's manufacturing companies manage product costs. Our solutions integrate advanced computational geometry techniques and advanced manufacturing research into a rich user experience accessible to everyone in the enterprise that impacts how much a product will cost to produce.
We bring together an experienced management team, exciting technology and a challenging entrepreneurial culture. We are a young startup in an emerging market with huge opportunity for stellar candidates. We are in need of bright, independent thinkers who can learn and contribute across a wide variety of areas.
We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team. aPriori offers a challenging and fun work environment, competitive salaries, medical plans and stock options. If you are ready for an exciting opportunity to be a part of a world class team, then forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
aPriori is an equal-opportunity employer.
Senior Technical Consultant - Germany
UX Design Lead
Quality Assurance Engineer
Principal Engineer Architect
Location: Recruiting for Multiple Locations in NA & EMEA
- Responsible for selling aPriori’s software products and maintaining relationships with existing accounts
- Responsible for achieving assigned sales goals for customers in a defined geographic territory or account list
- Prospects and develops new business and develops proposals for presentation to prospective customers.
- Coordinates resources from marketing, professional services, engineering and product management to facilitate obtaining new business
Required Skills and Experience:
- College Degree
- Expertise in software sales with at least 5+ years experience
- Strong track record in sales at other organizations
- Demonstrates high potential and track record of upward mobility
- Strong team player with stellar communication skills and sales drive
Location: Concord, MA
We are currently launching a new business intelligence tool which requires significant technology delivery. To facilitate this we are seeking a strong Business Intelligence developer with the capability to apply technical knowledge and consulting experience to support our clients as they take up this offering. If you are looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment this could be the role for you. As part of our team, you'll be working with our business leading software and tools. You will have the opportunity to influence our approach to delivering our business intelligence tool, deepen your existing experience and build specialist skills on the job. We're looking for a Business Intelligence developer, who will be expected to take an architecture / delivery role involving the analysis of business requirements through to implementation. The Technical Consultant role will involve leading teams and performing some or all of the following:
- Meeting with clients to determine requirements;
- Working with clients to define the scope of a project;
- Provide input into planning timescales and the resources needed;
- Clarifying a client's system specifications, understanding their work practices and the nature of their business;
- Validate software, hardware and network requirements;
- Developing agreed solutions and implementing new systems;
- Presenting solutions in written or oral reports;
- Provide input to clients around change-management activities;
- Designing and document Business Intelligence technical and operational solutions
- Data modelling and data architecture design / implementation
- ETL, data integration and data conversion design / implementation
- Defining and implementing metadata management structures and processes
- End-user report development, from requirement gathering to design, build, test, deploy
- Preparing documentation and providing progress reports to project management;
- Organising training for users and other consultants
- Participating as an active member of a small team on projects ranging from 3-6 months
- Working alongside our clients to discover and prioritize requirements
- As a gifted professional, participating in the community at large to support our business development efforts – this might mean supporting solution demonstrations and client engagement efforts.
- Working on internal thought leadership efforts by contributing to prototype or R&D efforts that will increase our value as an organization
- Bachelors or Masters degree from a strong computer science or engineering program
- 5 years of experience managing solutions around data integration, BI deployment and data warehousing
- Solid knowledge of current trends in data warehouse and business analytics technologies
- Willingness to travel up to 50 percent of the time
- Superior level of knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI)/data warehousing technologies: RDBMS, SQL and OLAP with a portfolio of projects that might include Jaspersoft, Cognos, OBIEE, and Business Objects tools
- Experience of working with Java / C++ and have experience of API’s for integration
- Worked in a consulting firm where your team is focused on client satisfaction and outstanding deliverables
UX Design Lead
At aPriori we develop and provide software solutions which generate hard-dollar product cost savings for discrete manufacturing organizations. Due to our year-on-year continued growth, we have an opening for a UX Design Lead.
Our enterprise software solution helps drive profitable product decisions across engineering, sourcing, manufacturing, finance and management within a manufacturing organization. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of defining user experiences for solutions with multiple user personas who has demonstrated the ability to present complex data with visual clarity in a simple, understandable fashion. We are seeking a UX professional who is a passionate user advocate and can create an intuitive, efficient user experience that helps us drive solution adoption.
The Essence of the Position
A successful candidate for the UX Design Lead will have strong experience in making software solutions intuitive, easy to use, especially designing the user experience for solutions that provide complex data analysis in an actionable format. This experience will be used as you define workflows and data presentation for our existing and future applications. It will also be used as you collect and analyze customer feedback, market studies, and internal research to plan our usability / UI requirements in the roadmap and define guidelines for the product development team. Experience with client server and web applications is preferred along with interfaces for multiple channels (e.g., PC, tablet, smartphones).
- Develop rapid prototypes for fast, iterative user interface improvement
- Run LEAN usability testing / validation
- Help internal teams interpret and understand user feedback, and provide input for design decisions based on that feedback
- Collaborate with product managers and development teams to design the user experience for capabilities that are targeted for each release
- Define the user experience for a future set of applications that address the needs of specific user profiles and use cases
- Create icons and light visual designs for very professional enterprise software
- Use storyboarding, user scenario development, high-level use case definition, user and task analysis, to refine requirements, UX plans and UI designs
- Advocate for architecture that supports our UI strategy and plans
We're considering candidates with a range of experience levels and backgrounds. The ideal candidate will have some combination of the following experiences:
- Success defining the user experience for new software applications in startup environments or in innovative segments of larger businesses.
- A user experience portfolio showing examples of design direction, creative process, research strategy, or equivalent user experience accomplishment is a plus.
- Experience with responsive web application design
- Knowledge and experience in usability evaluation, research, and design methods with a focus on human-computer interaction.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills.
- Highly organized, persistent, flexible and able to focus on long term goals
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- 5+ years as a usability specialist / engineer, user experience designer, or other equivalent title
- BA, BS, MA, or MS in cognitive psychology, human factors, industrial design or related field
- Experience with usability / UI design for CAD, PLM ERP, or Supply Chain systems is a plus
Senior Technical Consultant
A Senior Technical Consultant is a key member in the implementation of the aPriori cost management platform. They provide consultative expertise on how to align aPriori’s software and service offerings to a customer’s cost management needs. The Technical Consultant is responsible for working with customers to define, plan, and manage the customer’s technical deployment. This includes the creation of a deployment plan and the actual technical project management and execution, including solution configuration, user training, and usage mentoring. Technical Consultants are also responsible for directing less senior members of the team in execution of deliverables, while still being accountable for the overall deployment.
aPriori solution configuration requires the modeling of manufacturing facilities, including capabilities, rules, and accounting rates. Solution configuration requires the ability to understand a customer’s design and manufacturing environment and map those requirements to formulas and rules using aPriori’s scripting language.
Implementations are typically short-term engagements lasting 8-12 weeks and require a combination of working at the customer facility and at aPriori’s office. Up to 40% travel may be required with some limited international travel. Additionally, Senior Technical Consultants may help during the sales process in the delivery of aPriori strategic value assessments (aSVA’s) and Spend Analyses (aSA’s), which allow prospects to confirm the financial and strategic value that aPriori can bring them prior to engaging in a full solution rollout.
- Develop and manage customer deployment plan, including timeline, scope, and deliverables to drive customer satisfaction and reference-ability
- Drive aPriori integration requirements with customers’ other business systems and processes
- Build and demonstrate expertise on aPriori software and service offerings and how they align to customer needs
- Build and demonstrate expertise on the Manufacturing Cost Models
- Build and demonstrate expertise on Solution (VPE) Configuration (tools, procedures, tips/tricks)
- Lead factory data gathering sessions in-person and via phone
- Train and mentor customer end users on aPriori use
- Train customer VPE administrators on the maintenance of VPEs and the use of the Cost Model Workbench
- Develop maintenance plans with customers to ensure VPEs are kept up-to-date
- Advocate for additional requirements that are necessary or helpful for customers to successfully gain value from aPriori, and work with Product Management to influence future releases.
- Provide support to users during initial use of the solution and help measure benefits and confirm ROI.
- 4-8 years experience in an engineering discipline (either permanent or combined with internship)
- Domain experience in the automotive industry, industrial equipment or agricultural and construction would be a significant added bonus
- Experience in cost modelling
- Excellent consultative communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to client groups including executive-level participants.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to manage deliverables of less senior and/or offshore resources for a project.
- Must be a critical thinker, results-driven, have a positive attitude, and be a team player.
- BS or MS in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, or Software Engineering.
- The ideal candidate would thrive in an environment where they have the opportunity to join a company on the ground floor and be part of the core team to drive success with early customers and refine our implementation approach and tools.
- Experience with a basic scripting language.
- Experience with CAD.
Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Concord, MA, USA
This position offers an opportunity to join aPriori during an exciting time in our growth. Successful candidates will work closely in the development of our next generation solution as well as continue to support our QA efforts across our existing Product Cost Management products. You will work closely with the Product Development team in communicating and resolving software issues and executing test efforts across multiple projects. Successful individuals will demonstrate strong leadership throughout their experience.
Work closely with the QA Group and Product Development teams to establish proper QA process and procedures to ensure high-level of product quality.
Operate in a cross-functional team to understand project readiness, influence early testability, and ensure proper test coverage, overall system reliability, performance, and quality.
Develop and Execute Test Plans and Test Cases for new and existing functionality.
Perform all levels of testing including: Functional, UI, System, Load/Stress/Performance, Installation, and Regression.
Report defects and work with Engineering to reproduce problems and verify resolutions.
Configure and maintain testing environments.
BS/MS degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent.
3 to 5 years QA experience, especially on commercial enterprise software products.
Solid understanding of the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA/Test Methodologies.
Proven record of strong problem solving & creativity skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Self-starter, self-managed individual who can work independently and quickly adjust to changing priorities.
Familiarity with PLM/CAD software and manufacturing process systems, a plus.
Knowledge and usage of Automation tools, a plus.
Principal Engineer Architect
Location: Concord, MA, USA
aPriori is looking for a Principal/Architect level engineer to join our product development team. We are evolving our product from a desktop application to a multi-tiered architecture and are looking for a strong engineer with background in developing multi-tier applications.
Specifically, the Engineer will perform the following:
Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
Software design, modeling, implementation
Authoring functional and design specifications
Building unit tests and acceptance test suits
Integrate software with existing systems
Maintain standards compliance
Interface with product managers, engineering leads, technical support and customer engagement managers
Candidates must meet one or more of the following minimum requirements in order to be considered:
BS/MS in computer science
8-10 years of experience minimum
Experience designing and implementing major components of software products or responsible for overall product architecture
Experience designing and implementing distributed systems
Knowledge of and experience with web application frameworks
System, network and/or application security experience
Experience working in large software systems (preferably Java)
aPriori is has a highly collaborative/cross-functional culture and approach to developing products. Therefore, in addition to the technical requirements, we are looking for an individual with good communication skills (both verbal and written) who can collaborate effectively within product development, with product management and the other company functions.
aPriori offers a challenging and fun work environment, competitive salaries, medical plans and stock options. If you’re interested in applying for this or other positions, please forward your resume to email@example.com.
aPriori is an equal-opportunity employer