Careers at aPriori
aPriori is changing the way the world's manufacturing companies manage product costs. Our solutions integrate advanced computational geometry techniques and advanced manufacturing research into a rich user experience accessible to everyone in the enterprise that impacts how much a product will cost to produce.
We bring together an experienced management team, exciting technology and a challenging entrepreneurial culture. We are a young startup in an emerging market with huge opportunity for stellar candidates. We are in need of bright, independent thinkers who can learn and contribute across a wide variety of areas.
We are always looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team. aPriori offers a challenging and fun work environment, competitive salaries, medical plans and stock options. If you are ready for an exciting opportunity to be a part of a world class team, then forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
aPriori is an equal-opportunity employer.
UX Design Lead
Location: Recruiting for Multiple Locations in NA & EMEA
- Responsible for selling aPriori’s software products and maintaining relationships with existing accounts
- Responsible for achieving assigned sales goals for customers in a defined geographic territory or account list
- Prospects and develops new business and develops proposals for presentation to prospective customers.
- Coordinates resources from marketing, professional services, engineering and product management to facilitate obtaining new business
Required Skills and Experience:
- College Degree
- Expertise in software sales with at least 5+ years experience
- Strong track record in sales at other organizations
- Demonstrates high potential and track record of upward mobility
- Strong team player with stellar communication skills and sales drive
Location: Concord, MA
We are currently launching a new business intelligence tool which requires significant technology delivery. To facilitate this we are seeking a strong Business Intelligence developer with the capability to apply technical knowledge and consulting experience to support our clients as they take up this offering. If you are looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment this could be the role for you. As part of our team, you'll be working with our business leading software and tools. You will have the opportunity to influence our approach to delivering our business intelligence tool, deepen your existing experience and build specialist skills on the job. We're looking for a Business Intelligence developer, who will be expected to take an architecture / delivery role involving the analysis of business requirements through to implementation. The Technical Consultant role will involve leading teams and performing some or all of the following:
- Meeting with clients to determine requirements;
- Working with clients to define the scope of a project;
- Provide input into planning timescales and the resources needed;
- Clarifying a client's system specifications, understanding their work practices and the nature of their business;
- Validate software, hardware and network requirements;
- Developing agreed solutions and implementing new systems;
- Presenting solutions in written or oral reports;
- Provide input to clients around change-management activities;
- Designing and document Business Intelligence technical and operational solutions
- Data modelling and data architecture design / implementation
- ETL, data integration and data conversion design / implementation
- Defining and implementing metadata management structures and processes
- End-user report development, from requirement gathering to design, build, test, deploy
- Preparing documentation and providing progress reports to project management;
- Organising training for users and other consultants
- Participating as an active member of a small team on projects ranging from 3-6 months
- Working alongside our clients to discover and prioritize requirements
- As a gifted professional, participating in the community at large to support our business development efforts – this might mean supporting solution demonstrations and client engagement efforts.
- Working on internal thought leadership efforts by contributing to prototype or R&D efforts that will increase our value as an organization
- Bachelors or Masters degree from a strong computer science or engineering program
- 5 years of experience managing solutions around data integration, BI deployment and data warehousing
- Solid knowledge of current trends in data warehouse and business analytics technologies
- Willingness to travel up to 50 percent of the time
- Superior level of knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI)/data warehousing technologies: RDBMS, SQL and OLAP with a portfolio of projects that might include Jaspersoft, Cognos, OBIEE, and Business Objects tools
- Experience of working with Java / C++ and have experience of API’s for integration
- Worked in a consulting firm where your team is focused on client satisfaction and outstanding deliverables
UX Design Lead
At aPriori we develop and provide software solutions which generate hard-dollar product cost savings for discrete manufacturing organizations. Due to our year-on-year continued growth, we have an opening for a UX Design Lead.
Our enterprise software solution helps drive profitable product decisions across engineering, sourcing, manufacturing, finance and management within a manufacturing organization. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of defining user experiences for solutions with multiple user personas who has demonstrated the ability to present complex data with visual clarity in a simple, understandable fashion. We are seeking a UX professional who is a passionate user advocate and can create an intuitive, efficient user experience that helps us drive solution adoption.
The Essence of the Position
A successful candidate for the UX Design Lead will have strong experience in making software solutions intuitive, easy to use, especially designing the user experience for solutions that provide complex data analysis in an actionable format. This experience will be used as you define workflows and data presentation for our existing and future applications. It will also be used as you collect and analyze customer feedback, market studies, and internal research to plan our usability / UI requirements in the roadmap and define guidelines for the product development team. Experience with client server and web applications is preferred along with interfaces for multiple channels (e.g., PC, tablet, smartphones).
- Develop rapid prototypes for fast, iterative user interface improvement
- Run LEAN usability testing / validation
- Help internal teams interpret and understand user feedback, and provide input for design decisions based on that feedback
- Collaborate with product managers and development teams to design the user experience for capabilities that are targeted for each release
- Define the user experience for a future set of applications that address the needs of specific user profiles and use cases
- Create icons and light visual designs for very professional enterprise software
- Use storyboarding, user scenario development, high-level use case definition, user and task analysis, to refine requirements, UX plans and UI designs
- Advocate for architecture that supports our UI strategy and plans
We're considering candidates with a range of experience levels and backgrounds. The ideal candidate will have some combination of the following experiences:
- Success defining the user experience for new software applications in startup environments or in innovative segments of larger businesses.
- A user experience portfolio showing examples of design direction, creative process, research strategy, or equivalent user experience accomplishment is a plus.
- Experience with responsive web application design
- Knowledge and experience in usability evaluation, research, and design methods with a focus on human-computer interaction.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills.
- Highly organized, persistent, flexible and able to focus on long term goals
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- 5+ years as a usability specialist / engineer, user experience designer, or other equivalent title
- BA, BS, MA, or MS in cognitive psychology, human factors, industrial design or related field
- Experience with usability / UI design for CAD, PLM ERP, or Supply Chain systems is a plus