This position is located in our office in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
The Training Applications Engineer plays a key role in providing high quality software training for our engineering and business users. Although responsibilities will involve all aspects of developing and delivering software training, a key focus for this role will be to take ownership for developing and delivering training through aPriori LIVE (Live, Interactive, Virtual Education) program.
This opportunity is ideal for a recent Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing engineer graduate or for someone with strong manufacturing experience. The ideal candidate will have a passion for engineering and manufacturing, enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment, and will be driven to help our customers gain significant value using aPriori’s product cost management solution.
The Training Applications Engineer will:
• Design and develop technical training modules and labs for engineering and business audiences
• Deliver technical training to all audiences, occasionally in-person but frequently through live and interactive virtual online delivery
• Work with manager and other team members to improve customer onboarding experience
• Assist with departmental process and administration (“all hands” approach)
• Must be able and willing to travel (current travel less than 10%).
Education and Skill Requirements:
• BS in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering, or strong experience in manufacturing.
• Good communication and facilitation skills, & a desire to develop those skills with mentoring from senior trainer.
• Able to take direction but execute independently.
• Basic understanding of at least one CAD tool (PRO/E, SolidWorks, etc.) is a strong plus.