We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to be a part of our team based in Concord, MA. We are looking for a detail oriented, bright and enthusiastic individual who likes to roll up their sleeves and crunch the numbers! As part of our small finance team at a growing start-up, this position offers an opportunity to gain exposure to a broad range of accounting and finance activities. You are expected to be hands-on across activities such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management & general ledger close. You must be willing to “wear many hats” when necessary. This role will evolve over time with the continued growth of the company, and it is an excellent opportunity for someone with initiative and drive to grow with the company and shape their role.
• Manage a full cycle of expenses, accounts payable and accruals, including obtaining approvals, coding and processing bills, and issuing payments with the assistance of an accounting clerk.
• Responsible for accounts receivable and billing processes, including issuance of invoices and credits, depositing and recording cash receipts, and follow-up on past due accounts.
• Participate in the month-end close process by analyzing various balance sheet accounts, preparing supporting reconciliations and journal entries, and resolving discrepancies.
• Assist in revenue recognition process, including review of customer contracts for revenue recognition issues and recording proper revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP and FASB.
• Produce financial reports to support weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual reporting requirements for the US and foreign subsidiaries.
• Prepare reconciliations and supporting schedules for the annual external audit and interface with external audit team regarding inquiries.
• Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data, and provide general support for the organization.
• Assist Accounting Manager and VP of Finance with the preparation of various financial analysis, metrics and presentations as assigned.
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities
• Solid organization skills and the ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment
• Deadline oriented – willing to put in additional time during peak periods
• Technology savvy – comfortable learning new technologies
• NetSuite experience a plus
• Software/Technology industry experience a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA or MBA a plus.
• 2-3 years’ experience
• Strong foundational knowledge of US GAAP
• High level of proficiency with MS Excel