This position is located in Belfast, Northern Ireland
aPriori provides discrete manufacturers and product innovation companies with the most technologically advanced and comprehensive product cost management software and service solutions available on the market today. We are looking for a Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering professional (including recent graduates) to join aPriori and work closely in the development of our next generation enterprise solution as well as continue to support the QA efforts, across our existing Product Cost Management products.
This is an important role that offers a unique opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering professional to enter the Software industry and apply their background in a software environment. As aPriori trains you in Software QA, you and your team will ensure that the software operates with key design, manufacturing or sourcing principles in mind. Over time, as you immerse yourself in the software development environment you will learn valuable software skills while maintaining your domain knowledge and expertise.
• Apply Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering domain knowledge in developing real-life test cases and test models.
• Operate in a cross-functional team to understand project readiness, influence early testability, and ensure proper test coverage, overall system reliability, performance, and quality.
• Develop and Execute Test Plans and Test Cases for new and existing functionality.
• Design and develop new Automated Tests
• Perform all levels of Testing including: Geometry, Manufacturing Cost Models, Functional, UI, System, Installation and Regression Testing.
• Report defects and work with Engineering to reproduce problems and verify resolutions.
• Work with customers and other external facing organizations to resolve issues in the field, understand product usage and incorporate feedback into the QA testing methodologies.
• BS/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
• Up to 5 years industrial experience, especially in a design and/or manufacturing environment including the usage of CAD and/or PLM. Recent university graduates welcome.
• Proven record of Strong Problem Solving & Creativity skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter, self-managed individual who can work independently and quickly adjust to changing priorities.
• Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, a plus.
• Prior experience in Software QA is a plus, but not required.
• Experience working in a Scrum or Cross Functional environment is a plus
• Familiarity with programming or scripting in at least one programming language is a plus.