Senior QA Engineer – Technical Lead
aPriori software is used by Product Cost Management professionals throughout the design, manufacturing and sourcing lifecycle of commercial products. We are looking for a QA Technical Lead, reporting to the Director of QA within the Engineering organization at aPriori. Successful candidates will have demonstrated strong leadership, project management, communication and technical skills. The role will involve working closely on the development of our next generation enterprise software solution as well as supporting the QA efforts across our existing Product Cost Management products.
Applicants should demonstrate a good understanding of both software QA skills and general design and manufacturing principles. Ideal candidates will have previously worked in a similar software QA environment applying their domain background.
- Apply Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering domain knowledge in developing test cases and test models that exercise the software under real world engineering conditions.
- Provide QA technical leadership for software applications focused on the design and manufacturing domains.
- Lead and develop QA team’s expertise through continuous improvement and mentoring of team members.
- Track and review daily activities for the QA team and provide guidance to ensure a high quality of results.
- Work closely with QA and Product Development to establish proper QA process and procedures to ensure high-level product quality.
- Operate in a cross-functional team to understand project readiness, influence early testability, and ensure proper test coverage, overall system reliability, performance, and quality.
- Develop and collaborate on testing strategies for the QA team and seek alignment from all stakeholders.
- Develop, review and execute Test Plans, Test Cases and Automated Tests for new and existing functionality.
- Lead and perform all levels of testing including: Functional, UI, System, Load/Stress/Performance, Installation, and Regression.
- Work with customers and other external facing organizations to resolve issues in the field, understand product usage and incorporate feedback into the QA testing methodologies.
- BS/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years industrial experience, especially in a design and/or manufacturing environment including the usage of CAD and/or PLM.
- 5+ years Software QA experience on commercial enterprise software products.
- Solid understanding of the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and QA/Test Methodologies.
- Proven record of strong problem solving & creativity skills.
- Demonstrated leadership including experience acting as a technical lead for QA teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter, self-managed individual who can work independently and quickly adjust to changing priorities.
- Experience working with commercial or open source automation tools is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a Scrum environment is a plus
- Experience in programming or scripting in at least one commercial programming language is a plus.