Mechanical Engineer Team Lead – Software QA
This role offers a unique leadership opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering professional with limited software experience to expand their expertise into Enterprise software. aPriori provides discrete manufacturers and product innovation companies with the most technologically advanced and comprehensive product cost management software and service solutions available on the market today. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineering professional with several years of design or manufacturing experience to join aPriori and lead a team of Mechanical Engineers in Software QA. As aPriori trains you in QA, you and your team will ensure that the software operates with key design, manufacturing and sourcing principles in mind. Successful candidates will have demonstrated strong leadership, project management, communication and technical skills in a design or manufacturing environment.
- Apply Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering domain knowledge in developing test cases and test models that exercise the software under real world engineering conditions.
- Provide technical leadership for software applications focused on the design and manufacturing domains.
- Operate in a cross-functional team to understand project readiness, influence early testability, and ensure overall system reliability, performance, and quality.
- Work with customers and other external facing organizations to resolve issues in the field, understand product usage and incorporate feedback into the QA testing methodologies.
- Develop, review and execute Test Plans, Test Cases and Automated Tests for new and existing functionality.
- Track and review daily activities and provide guidance to ensure a high quality of results.
- Lead and develop QA team’s expertise through continuous improvement and mentoring of team members.
- BS/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ year’s industrial experience, especially in a design and/or manufacturing environment including the usage of CAD and/or PLM.
- Engineering specialties in Sheet Metal Stamping, Precision Machining, Casting, Forging and Plastics, highly desired
- Previous leadership including leading a team required
- Proven record of strong problem solving & creativity skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter, self-managed individual who can work independently and quickly adjust to changing priorities.
- Prior experience in Software QA .
- Experience working in a Scrum or Cross Functional environment
- Familiarity with programming or scripting in at least one programming language