Deployment & Support Engineer
aPriori is seeking a Support Engineer to deploy the aPriori Cost Management Solution and support existing and prospective customers with all aspects of its use. Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with customers to install and upgrade aPriori software and third party database management systems.
- Troubleshoot installation issues.
- Help refine the deployment and upgrade processes.
- Manage incoming customer support questions and issues, seeing them through to closure and client satisfaction.
- Work with customers and internal resources to research, diagnose, and resolve customer issues.
- Work with other parts of the aPriori organization (e.g., sales, product management, professional services, QA, and product development) as necessary on behalf of the customer
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with a focus on client satisfaction
- BS Computer Science, Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, or Software Engineering. 1-3 years of experience in an engineering discipline (either full time or combined with internship)
- Strong understanding of Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 Server. Linux and Unix a plus
- Experience with database management systems (MySQL and Oracle preferred)
- Hands-on experience with SQL databases (Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server) including creating databases, creating and altering tables, creating users, granting permissions, and basic SQL queries.
- General knowledge of XML a plus
- Experience with Active Directory or other LDAP implementations
- Experience with DOS and batch scripting
- Experience interfacing directly with clients
- Ability to concisely articulate and document issues and resolutions
- Pro-active, organized, and detail-oriented individual with strong problem solving skills
- Familiarity with a variety of general manufacturing processes and one or more CAD systems a plus