This position is located in Belfast, Northern Ireland or Concord, Massachusetts.
aPriori provides discrete manufacturers and product innovation companies with the most technologically advanced and comprehensive product cost management software and service solutions available on the market today. We are looking for a cost modeler to develop models for a constantly growing list of manufacturing processes within the aPriori software. Successful candidates should be comfortable with the design processes employed for mechanical and electrical components and assemblies, as well as the software systems used to define those designs (e.g. MCAD systems, ECAD systems, etc.). Candidates must be able to research and understand manufacturing processes as well as the primary and secondary cost drivers of those processes.
• Research, specify, design, and implement process and cost models for various manufacturing processes.
• Work with customers and suppliers to understand the design and manufacturing process specifics and to gather the information and data needed to create accurate cost models.
•Research and gather appropriate industry data on manufacturing costs and processes to populate the data required to build an accurate cost model and to validate its accuracy.
•Master the use of aPriori’s Cost Model Work Bench to develop cost models that will estimate part and tooling costs with and without 3D CAD geometry.
Required background and abilities:
• BS in Industrial, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering. MS Engineering preferable.
• 1-3 years’ experience in an engineering discipline (either full time or combined with internship)
• Industrial experience involving the design and/or manufacturing of components or in cost estimating mechanical and electrical components
• Expertise/understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes.
• Understand manufacturing processes from a cost perspective and be able to de-couple the ideas and concepts that are critical in driving the major components of cost in the process.
• Ability to research and assemble large varieties of information and data about manufacturing processes as needed for cost models.
• Programming experience – Visual Basic, Java, or similar
• Experience designing and building software cost estimation and simulation models.
• Experience with CAD a plus