Senior Backend Software EngineerConcord, MA
Senior Backend Software Engineer
aPriori provides discrete manufacturers and product innovation companies with the most technologically advanced and comprehensive product cost management software available on the market today. We are looking for a senior level engineer to help evolve our flagship desktop application and participate in the design and delivery of new features.
• 5+ years of team-driven software engineering experience
• 3+ years of Java development experience on Windows platforms
• Experience designing and implementing major components of software
• Excellent communication skills and ability to document and describe complex processes and workflows
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team
• Skilled at object-oriented analysis, design and programming
• BS in Computer Science or other technical discipline
• Experience with JDBC, and Java ORMs such as JPA or Hibernate
• An interest in compiler design and evolution of specialized computer languages
• Expertise in database design and documentation
• A demonstrable understanding of multi-threading in Java applications
• Experience with Java GUI development using Swing or JFx
• Experience with Docker, REST services, and one or more other languages such as Node, Python, Scala, Go, etc. is a plus.
aPriori has a highly collaborative/cross-functional culture and approach to developing products. Therefore, in addition to the technical requirements, we are looking for an individual with good communication skills (both verbal and written) who can collaborate effectively with product development and product management. As part of our hiring process all candidates are asked to take a coding quiz.