Project ManagerBelfast, Northern Ireland
aPriori is changing the way the world’s manufacturing companies predict and manage cost information – integrating advanced computational geometry techniques to analyze components still in design, advanced manufacturing research to create complex models of real-world processes, and a rich user experience accessible to everyone in the enterprise.
We bring together an experienced management team, exciting technology and an entrepreneurial culture. We are a young startup in an emerging market with huge opportunity for stellar candidates. We are in need of bright, independent thinkers who can learn and contribute across a wide variety of areas.
The aPriori Project Manager is responsible for day-to-day project management of services and solution implementations, providing project management during the implementation and deployment of aPriori’s software. A key role of the Project Manager is ensuring that aPriori delivers the project implementation on time and within budget.
The Project Manager determines the plan and project tasks necessary to deliver the scope of engagement services to meet the customer’s needs; schedules and aligns resources with tasks and priorities, coordinates interaction and activities with the customer and other stakeholders and keeps the project team focused on-time, on-budget to deliver a high-quality solution. The Project Manager then manages the activities, delivery risks and communications across the project team required for the customer to achieve success within a specified budget and timeframe.
The Project Manager builds relationships with the customer’s project team to support the delivery of the project, and then works with aPriori Professional Services team members to develop and implement solutions to meet the client’s needs. This role also includes a high level of communicating to the customer the plans, activities, and results of the engagement.
• Management of multiple customer implementation projects simultaneously (which might necessitate the management of multiple project teams)
• Responsible for implementations from kick-off meeting to end of project
• Capture and communication of executive vision and goals to the project team for the initial deployment and beyond
• Development of detailed project plans, work breakdown structures, and budget tracking documents and ensuring that they are maintained and adhered to throughout the lifecycle of each project
• Coordinate and facilitate all integration and configuration of software based on customer business needs
• Coordinate and facilitate all training efforts needed for the implementation
• Coordinate and facilitate consulting activities needed for the implementation
• Coordinate, facilitate, summarize and report on all value implementation / value generation activities.
• Communication of status throughout the project lifecycle to all stakeholders
• Must have minimum 3+ years’ experience implementing engineering improvements including business system implementations
• Experience and demonstrated success in project managing multiple engineering improvements including business system implementations with external clients
• Formal project management training in Prince2, PMP or other company specific project implementation methodology
• Experience managing project team relationships and delivering technical projects
• Comfort interacting with customer executives, project team members, and individuals
• Demonstrated ability to assess customer needs, develop project scope to meet those needs, plan all necessary project tasks to satisfy customer needs, and ensure they are properly and realistically, budgeted, monitored and reported
• Experience creating, facilitating, and presenting reports to senior-level client stakeholders
• Ability to lead and facilitate project meetings and senior level customer meetings
• Demonstrated success leading project teams with a record of high customer satisfaction
• Demonstrated ability to identify risks that may impact the success of the project and determine appropriate mitigating actions
• Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
• Preferably engineering background or engineering/manufacturing domain knowledge
• BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Management