We are currently seeking a Controller to scale our Finance team. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the individual in this role will be a key member of the finance organization, and will regularly interface with cross-functional departments and senior leadership. You will be responsible for management of the day-to-day accounting operations of the company and supervision of a small team, as well as directly responsible for executing on more complex financial responsibilities. The ideal candidate for this role is highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and welcomes the challenge of growing a start-up and partnering with the VP of Finance to build a best-in-class finance organization.
• Lead month/quarter/year-end close processes and publish accurate and timely consolidated financial results to support internal and external reporting requirements. Interface with external auditors to support periodic audits and tax preparation.
• Proactively manage the daily activities of the accounting staff, and effectively motivate, mentor and progress team members.
• Execute on critical accounting functions, including the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, consolidation activities and variance analysis.
• Own the revenue recognition process, including review of customer contracts for revenue recognition issues and ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP and FASB.
• Participate in impact assessment and implementation of systems and processes to support adoption of ASC-606.
• Direct day-to-day accounting transactional processes, including: Accounts Receivable, Invoicing, Accounts Payable and Payroll.
• Develop and track key financial and SaaS metrics.
• Administer and maintain the integrity of the ERP system (NetSuite) and related integrations. Ability to understand technical requirements and reconcile data between systems.
• Ensure that required foreign, state or local tax filings are prepared and filed.
• Interpret accounting requirements under various agreements, including compensation plans and royalty arrangements. Maintain periodic reporting requirements and accruals.
• Transform manual processes. Recommend and drive accounting process improvement initiatives.
• Provide various ad hoc accounting and finance support for the organization.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 7+ years’ experience in accounting required – mix of public and private preferred – CPA a plus
• 3+ years’ as an Accounting Manager or Controller
• Experience in a subscription or SaaS software company
• Strong technical accounting background, including thorough knowledge of ASC-606
• Proficiency with NetSuite – Concur, Salesforce.com and Adaptive Insights a plus
• Expert level Excel modeling skills (lookups, index-match, logical functions, macros), and strong PowerPoint Presentation skills
• Proven ability to identify bottlenecks and provide creative solutions
• Desire to take on new projects and challenges with enthusiasm
• This is a full-time onsite position at our headquarters in Concord, MA
Benefits & Perks:
• Competitive compensation package
• 401(k) with company match
• Medical, dental, vision benefits
• Company paid life and disability insurance
• Open paid time off policy
• Free on-site fitness center
• Weekly office happy hours
aPriori is changing the way the world’s manufacturing companies manage product costs letting them do more with every budget dollar. Our solutions integrate advanced computational geometry techniques and advanced manufacturing research into a rich user experience accessible to everyone in the enterprise that impacts how much a product will cost to produce.
We bring together an experienced management team, exciting technology and a challenging entrepreneurial culture. We are a young startup in an emerging market with huge opportunity for stellar candidates to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment. We are in need of bright, independent thinkers who can learn and contribute across a wide variety of areas. In turn you will have the opportunity to grow with us.
Interested candidates should submit resume and a cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org now