aPriori is searching for an Application Engineer that will be responsible for working with potential customers across various discrete manufacturing industries. Primary responsibilities include developing and presenting aPriori software solutions with an emphasis on articulating the business value to get customer buy-in to deploy our solutions.
- Develop an understanding of prospects business challenges and goals, market dynamics and competitive landscape through annual reports, public CEO interviews etc. in cooperation with the respective Sales Director.
- Articulate aPriori value and capabilities in line with the challenges and goals identified to senior VP, C-level customer audience (vision setting) as well as user-level audience (technical validation)
- Lead consultative solution selling sessions with prospects and customers in the RFP, discovery, demonstration, and follow-up phases
- Work closely with aPriori sales team to manage technical details associated with establishing aPriori as preferred solution with prospects
- Establish trusted solution advisor role and relationships with the key decision makers to facilitate a successful sales outcome
- Customize demonstrations / presentations to address prospective client’s business needs
- Provide live demonstrations of the aPriori solutions
- Work with aPriori professional services team to develop customer proposals, SOW etc. and smoothly transition client from pre-sales phase to post-sales solutions deployment
- Provide feedback from field experiences to aPriori product management teams to improve future releases of aPriori solutions
Note: 30-50% travel mainly within the DACH Region but travel around EMEA may also be required
BUSINESS SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Experience in creating business cases and ROI models to justify investment in enterprise software
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of typical cost management business pain points of manufacturers; familiarity of cost management best-practices in New Product Introduction, Sourcing, VA/VE a plus
- 5-7 years deep domain expertise in Manufacturing processes – Machining, Casting, Sheet Metal, Plastics, etc.
- Industry experience in Aerospace, Automotive, Industrial Machinery (construction, agricultural equipment) preferred
- Hands-on knowledge of at least one commercially available CAD package – SolidWorks, ProEngineer, CATIA, Creo, NX, etc.
- High level understanding of enterprise software architecture and integration with typical systems such as ERP, PLM, SCM, CAD, etc.
- Understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities, integration technology, and databases
- Experience and success in ‘selling’ high value, long lead time enterprise software solutions (PLM, ERP, CAD, SCM, etc.) is desirable
- Familiarity of aPriori products and configuration highly desirable
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Perl or Python with ability to write\modify existing code is beneficial
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Automotive or Manufacturing engineering required. Candidates with an MBA in addition to an Engineering degree preferred.apply now