Support and Deployment EngineerBelfast, Northern Ireland
aPriori provides major manufacturing companies with the most technologically advanced and comprehensive product cost management software available on the market today.
We are looking for an engineer to join our Support and Deployment team, interacting directly with customers and helping them to be successful. This is a role that requires broad knowledge of a range of technologies, and ideal candidates would enjoy working on a variety of different topics and projects.
The successful applicant would be responsible for diagnosing and progressing a wide range of possible customer issues with aPriori software, providing workarounds and resolutions where appropriate. If an applicant doesn’t have all the requirements listed below, they will certainly have the opportunity to learn them all.
The Support and Deployment team works collaboratively as a team, and with many different aspects of the aPriori business, including Development, Sales, Product Management, and Account Management. As the successful applicant develops, they will have ample opportunity to take on extra responsibility and specialise in different aspects of the business.
Successful Support and Deployment Engineers are tenacious problem solvers that don’t hesitate to volunteer for a challenge.
• Managing customer questions diligently and efficiently.
• Proactively identifying risks to customer accounts, or issues that may escalate.
• Communicating issues, requirements, and feedback between the customer and other internal teams.
• Reproducing questions & issues for further analysis, and exploring potential solutions and workarounds
• Writing documentation & knowledgebase articles, and creating other content (e.g. videos, powerpoint).
• Working on internal projects to help the efficiency of the support team.
The skills we are looking for:
• Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar.
• Knowledge of manufacturing technologies.
• Experience using major CAD systems (e.g. CREO, Solidworks, NX, CATIA).
• Good fundamentals of IT topics e.g. Windows operating system, networking, databases.
• Proven experience coding or scripting, in any technology.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Able to communicate with empathy for the customer.
• Proven problem-solving skills.
• Able to follow through and complete tasks to a high standard in a timely manner.
• Is uncomfortable seeing customers struggle for solutions.